Friday, June 10, 2016

Talking To The Jackass Who Beats His Talking Donkey

2,000 years ago, a story was told about a man named Balaam who, for the sake of this story, we could refer to as "Jackass" (since he was a contemptibly foolish and stupid man). Yet that would make this story-telling awkward because Balaam rode upon a beast that was also from the jackass family. So for now, just know Balaam was a bigger jackass than the domestic donkey he rode upon.

If the records are correct, Balaam saddled his very wise donkey (soon to turn Shaman) in the morning. Soon the two of them were off on a most adventurous journey. But then something very scary happened. The donkey - who was paying attention to the road - noticed the Angel of Death up ahead and it had raised a shiny sword to smite Balaam!



Instantly. Smartly. But with fear and dread, the donkey quickly veered off into a field; protecting his rider. Yet Balaam was seemingly blind and very ignorant. He beat that great animal and forced it back onto the road. 

So later, while the donkey continued to carry his big-ass burden down a much more narrow path, through the vineyards, with walls on both sides, the Angel of Death appeared a second time. Again, to protect his rider, the donkey pressed hard against the wall to escape that sword's powerful swing and accidentally crushed Balaam’s foot.

In retaliation, the horrible man beat the poor donkey again. (Talk about thankless!)

Yet again, farther along the road, in an even more narrow place where there was no room to escape left or right, the Angel of Death manifested yet again to kill Balaam. This time the fast-thinking donkey dropped to his hocks and laid belly-flat so his rider could escape beneath the sword.

Balaam, who could not see the nose on his own face, was blinded by rage. He began beating his faithful animal with his staff and I'm pretty sure there were some pretty salty curses spoken. "G'&@**it!"

Finally, the donkey had enough! In plain Jewish he said: “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

Go figure. Instead of seeing the miracle in that moment, where his donkey was speaking to him, Balaam reacted as though animals regularly speak to him in human dialect. “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

So the donkey snorted: “Really? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” Balaam finally had to admit. Right then, however, is when he finally noticed the Angel of Death looming overhead. Yet instead of thanking the donkey for saving his life three times, he groveled before Voldemort, for some reason that escapes me completely, his pathetic life was spared.

TO READ THIS STORY OF BALAAM AND HIS DONKEY IN ITS ORIGINAL FORM: See The Holy Bible, Numbers 22:21-39. 


How This Story Relates To Providing Psychic Readings On-Line 

On rare occasion, when a new potential client contacts a psychic on-line, that person might ask for a "free connection." In that process, the less well-mannered among them also want a question answered for FREE. 

Fact is? They are acting very much like Balaam and cannot see the Angel of Death that looms whenever someone asks someone to work for nothing.

Like any reader with experience, I might feel especially generous and agree to make a connection by telling the new person something about themselves. The reason I do is to show good faith. Maybe I provide a few details about how they look. That's even after I've received nothing but a series of numbers, or the name "anonymous" and not so much as their favorite flavor of coffee to go on ... 


In spite of my good intentions, however, too often, if that person is like Balaam, they respond in anger that I did not answer their pressing question before they hired me. Like ignoring the talking donkey, they not only missed the fact that I just described them completely (proving I can do the work they want me to do) but they also missed the fact that I've been rated by more than a hundred other clients and have earned that five star rating that's brandished below my name.

Fact is? I could lower myself to that "give it to me FREE" behavior. I could also walk around declaring that I want free pedicures, free gas and free groceries. More importantly I'd like free Interent so I could better afford to sit here at the computer talking to people! 


Yet I have observed that asking for things for FREE (with no effort given) tends not to produce very good results. Most things in life - from the coffee we drink in the morning to the hot bath we pour at night - required some amount of effort on our part for us to enjoy such.

How To Talk To A Psychic On-line

Charlatans are everywhere. That's true. They're working in education, for newspapers, in churches and I'm pretty sure they're also working on-line. That's why I feel it is completely acceptable to ask a psychic to make a connection BEFORE you hire for the first time but only if they don't have any other kind of ratings for you to judge them by.

Nobody but Balaam would insult the psychic by asking them to work without hiring first. Fact is, many Tarot readers who work on-line can only read Tarot and cannot make psychic readings about who you are or what you look like at all. That's not a bad reflection on them. Simply look at their ratings, pay attention to what kind of services that reader offers, and know, if they have five stars, or even four stars, they'll very likely provide you with incredible insight.


Reflect on the donkey's past behavior to know if you can trust him/her in the future. That's the best advice any psychic can give. *Don't beat the worker, with words or otherwise.* That's the best professional policy.


No comments:

Post a Comment