Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I May Be Crazy About Cats - But I'm Not A Crazy Lady

Last night I dreamed about cats. Three adults and three little kittens just a few weeks old. All of the cats were black but one adult cat had a white belly and paws. One kitten also had longer hair than the others. Black, it had a streak of really long white angora-type woolly hair growing along its spine.
One kitten had longer hair with a long
white angora-type wool growing along its spine.

In my dream I just kept wanting to RESCUE all of the cats, which were living inside a vacation home but were not being cared for by the business owners at all. They were all hungry, shedding, and had fleas.

In my dream, I felt highly perplexed about the animals because I wanted to save them - yet knew it would be irresponsible to take on more animals when I already have two very healthy pets at home.


To interpret the meaning of this dream, I am sorting through my emotions - pondering the struggles I've endured in my waking hours this past week.

In waking life, at my night job, I am surrounded by homeless people. Some of them seem fully capable of caring for themselves (like the adult cats in my dream) yet some are mentally disabled, either from birth defect, injury, or drug abuse. The most vulnerable among the homeless are symbolized by the kittens in my dreams - seemingly un-cared for and helpless.

The fact that human beings can be so neglected by society (e.g., I see a number of disparaged people in wheel chairs) plagues my soul. So often beggars approach my work truck asking for money and while I work very hard, and don't live any kind of life of luxury, my expenses are too tight to support any of them; responsibly.

Another contributing emotion comes from the following very compelling (very short) film. I had posted it on Facebook just last night before nodding off to sleep. Hope you watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment